"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, August 29

Sorry, wrong number...

Ever get one of those phone calls where they demand to know who you are? The muscles on the back of my neck tighten right up. Uhmmm, hello... you called MY house, remember? Don't you know who the heck you're calling? The exchange almost always goes something like this...

Me: Hello?

He: Who's this?

Me: Who wants to know?

He: Uh, it's uh, Sean, who's this?

Me: You called me, who did you want?

He: What number is this?

Me: What number did you want?

He: ...(hesitation)... uh, is this 000-123-4567?

Me: No, it isn't.

He: click!

Errrggg! Whatever happened to "Oh, I'm sorry, I dialed the wrong number?" If you call my house demanding information, you'd better damn well be prepared to answer a few questions, you clod. I don't know who you are and I don't give information out to strangers. *sigh*

1 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL! i feel like i do this all the time: at work, at home...oddly ever since i blogged about it, i've been getting a lot more "i'm sorry, i got the wrong number" & a lot less *CLICK*. makes me wonder: just who the heck is reading my blog??! =O LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home