"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, November 30

Not feeling it...

*sigh* I am soooo not into the holiday spirit yet. Not the shopping spirit anyway. Here it is the day before December and I haven't bought one.single.gift. Not one. So unlike me. I need to get my butt in gear cuz Christmas isn't going to wait around for me to go shopping!

On the other hand, we (we = Lew) have gotten most of the outdoor decorations up - still need to get the front door wreath - so at least there's some semblance of holiday cheer going on. Haven't quite decided how much we'll do inside yet since we may or may not be here, which will determine whether we put up the big tree or the little one... and whether I feel like dragging allll the decorations out.

And, we won't even talk about baking! Maybe another rum cake or something pumpkin-y. Probably no cookies though. Maybe some fudge too -
I dunno.

I'll get there... eventually.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11/30/2007 1:26 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Bah humbug? ;-)

 
At 12/03/2007 2:51 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Hope that spirit finds its way to you soon! It's always more fun once it does, huh?

 
At 12/03/2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

You're so not alone!!! I am not feeling it yet either. We have decorations up, but that's it. I haven't bought the first present, addressed the first card, nor do I seem motivated to do them. We won't even talk about cooking and baking. Usually by this time, I've done my cards and bought at least 1/4 or 1/3 of the gifts. Sigh. Hard to imagine that Christmas is 3 weeks from tomorrow! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home