"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, November 3

Deer danger?

The weirdest thing happened today. While talking to Lew, I gazed out the patio door and all of a sudden saw two deer racing across the field. They ran from the creek/woods side of the farm and kept going towards the highway side. So, while I'm watching those two disappear from my line of sight, another whole slew of them came running across and stopped dead in the middle of the field! Oh, and a whole flock of birds flew out with them too!


The new bunch (I counted seven) all gathered together and just stood there, looking back towards the creek/woods from where they ran. They must have stood there for about 10-15 minutes or so and then somewhat warily trotted back. It was just the oddest thing. We figured there must have been some kind of major predator or something in the woods, but I still thought it strange that they would run out and just stop, making themselves so vulnerable like that.

Anyway, It was really cool - I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've lived here. One or two maybe, but nine? I didn't know there were that many deer living back there... but now I'm wondering what kind of predators are hanging out back there too!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11/04/2007 3:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Maybe it was my hubby! Just kidding. He was here shooting them. 2 on Halloween night in our woods to be exact.

 
At 11/12/2007 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet the pred. only had two legs! Or maybe it was a act of GOD, giving you a pretty picture.

 
At 11/17/2007 9:27 PM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Marianne- if you want some more you are more than welcome to have our lot!!!
a liitle bit of cross culture would be nice wouldn;t it!! HE HE
due to the drought they are coming closer to suburbia= we even have street signs warning of deer! in our suburb- nice pic though!
Carolyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home