"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, September 22

Baking needs...

Don't know what it is about cool weather that makes me want to bake, but think I'll be spending some time in the kitchen this weekend. Been hankering for some pumpkin gooey butter cake and apple bread, plus I have a new recipe for a banana sour cream cake I want to try too.

The apple bread will freeze fine and I'm thinking the banana cake probably will too, but gee, too bad... we'll just have to eat the pumpkin one cuz I don't think it would freeze well at all. All that gooeyness, you know? Wish I could share, but you know how that goes... I'm here and you're there. I'll think of y'all while I do though, k? ;)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9/24/2007 8:57 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Mmmm...you'd better go put that pumpkin recipe on your recipe blog after rubbing it in like that! Sounds absolutely scrumptious! And I know what you mean...fall and baking just seem to go together, don't they?

 
At 9/24/2007 11:47 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

If you hear a persistent knocking at your door, that would be me, come to help you keep all your goodies from spoiling before they can be eaten. You should let me in because it's probably much colder than my poor Florida blood can handle & I will freeze to death on your front step. ;-)

 
At 9/24/2007 4:13 PM, Blogger Heather said...

fall and baking... my hubby felt the same yesterday making his famous apple crips. i am making myself eat it only in small portions and trying not to eat it every day! we shall see how that works. so far not so good!

 
At 9/25/2007 11:49 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Ummm, do you have the recipes posted?! Can you describe them? Save me a bite? Take pictures and post - please! These all sound so good. I'm starting to get in a baking mood too, although it's still really warm here. Supposed to be in the 90's again today. Sure wish fall would hurry up :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home