"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, September 8

Have you ever???... No, I never...!

Seems the good folks in Taunton, England have come up with a novel solution(?) to the problem of public urination...

(http://www.urinal.net)

The City of Taunton in Somerset, England uses these outdoor fixtures which rise up from the pavement in the evenings.

This picture was sent in by JC. He writes: "This is the urinal in my local town centre. During the day it is in the "down" position, and appears to be nothing more than a manhole cover. However, in the evening and at night, these three urinals come up out of the ground, to provide a place for men to relieve themselves on a night out, trying to prevent the culture of peeing anywhere which was present before hand. This does make even peeing a social event on a night out in Taunton!"
~ ~ ~

And this is civilized progress in the 21st century?? I dunno - I think it's pretty disgusting myself. Speaks volumes about man's (and I do mean those of the MALE persuasion!) lack of self-control and his inability to wait until he can have the common decency to pee in private, doesn't it? *sigh*

P. S.
"What a waste of modern technology," says my husband, Lew.
(I married one of the civilized ones!) ;)

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9/08/2007 6:36 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Unbelievable!

 
At 9/09/2007 11:01 AM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

ummm...
okay.

 
At 9/10/2007 11:45 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL! When I was in Boston this past June, I saw a stand-alone public restroom on teh sidewalk. Not a port-o-potty but one actually built there permanently, like an outhouse, but with running water. I laughed & laughed. It wasn't nearly as high tech as this one though.

 
At 9/10/2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Heather said...

dawn beat me to the comment... we were with her in boston in june and saw what she was referring to however they were out all day and night!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home