"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, September 2

Sugar and spice...

Over at the message board I hang out on, the ladies have been raving about the Pumpkin Spice latte at Starbucks. Seems they wait patiently for Fall every year until Pumpkin Spice is on the menu again. Sooooo, not being one to miss out on a good thing, we stopped to pick one up on our way to Ikea yesterday.

Well, it was, uhmm... different. It was also... nice. I'd even go so far as to say it was... good. But wonderful? Worth waiting for? Eh, not so much. Actually, I much prefer Dulce de Leche. But, to each her own, right?

Now the chocolate cinnamon bread slice I got to go with it?? Oh puhleeze! THAT was delicious! THAT was to die for! Surprisingly fresh even at 3:30 in the pm, it was a bready texture, dense without being heavy, with just the barest taste of cinnamon - a wonderful combination of flavors. Oh, and moist - did I mention moist? I highly recommend you try a piece the next time you're in a Starbucks. :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9/02/2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Oh, I couldn't agree more! I didn't learn to drink coffee until a couple of years ago, and I sort of learned by going to Starbucks and another local coffee house to try their very fattening, flavored drinks. I also had the Pumpkin Spice Latte come highly recommended and was determined not to miss out. My birthday is in October, and on my birthday a couple of years ago, I decided to "splurge" and spend several hours in Barnes and Noble, browsing and buying. First up was a stop at the Starbucks for the Pumpkin drink. Ugh. I could barely drink it! I was so disillusioned that I ended up not even buying a book. What a bust :)

Now, come Christmas time, I do like several of their other holiday drinks. I think I've tried and liked both the eggnog and peppermint ones. Maybe one other one too, I'm drawing a blank. I'll skip the Pumpkin one from now on though :)

Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

 
At 9/03/2007 8:07 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I have never had a coffee from Starbucks. The thought of pumpkin spice isn't too thrilling for me LOL! Now, chocolate cinnamon bread sounds yummy!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 9/03/2007 11:58 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Wow, Dawn...I thought I was the only one who could say that! And I think I could pass on the pumpkin spice...but oooooh, that chocolate cinnamon bread...now that has me drooling all over the keyboard here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home