"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, August 30

Heard it through the grapevine...

I'm just getting too old, that's all there is to it. No doubt about it, I've lived too long and have become irreversibly jaded. Either that or I'm totally surrounded by the unbelievably naive and innocent.

I don't believe half of what I read in the newspaper, and I'm real skeptical about the other half, so it's real hard when I come across someone who thinks that just because something's in print, it must be true. Hellll-loh! Sensationalism sells papers, people... even reputable ones.

You gotta ask yourself if the story you're reading makes sense from your reasonable, logical standpoint or if there just might be a wee bit of literary license being taken for purposes of financial gain.

I dunno, I just require a little more information before I go spreading stuff around that may or may not be so. Especially in times of turmoil.

I'm just saying...

1 Comments:

At 8/31/2005 2:15 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

i've heard a thing or two that's made me raise an eyebrow too Marianne...dumbfounded but what people will believe just because someone else says it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home