"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, February 6

Small pleasures that fill the heart -


I feel so special and am so touched. Got a phone call this am from a very special young lady, hereafter known as #1 dgd (number one dear granddaughter, aka Christy.) She has a new ring tone on her cell phone for calls just from me. Now when I call her, she'll hear the stirring chords of "Bolero" commanding her attention. Heh, heh, heh - it's an "us" thing, one that started ever so long ago when she was just a tiny little thing, listening to her Mommaw's old records.

Gotta love this child - she's priceless... and she's mine. How lucky can one grandmother be? I just love her to pieces!

2 Comments:

At 2/06/2006 7:55 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

that's so sweet!!

i miss my grandmas.

 
At 2/08/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Don't feel bad - I don't have one either. They definitely have their place, and are great for emergencies and all, but for the most part, I think people abuse them. I mean, who needs to be talking on the phone on a bus, for crying out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home