"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, September 5

I don't deal well with stupid...

What a putz! Jeez! How hard is it to grasp that if you drive an umpteen-ton dump truck full of mulch onto two-day's worth of rain soaked lawn, you're going to majorly tear up said lawn??? What a moron!

My neighbor across the street is having extensive landscape work done on his yard. In the past week or so rocks, boulders, and hay bales have been delivered on a steady basis. So today, the mulch delivery guy pulls up to the neighbor's side fence. A fence with lawn on each side of it and directly across the street from my yard. A fence with a wide double-gate for access into their back yard. That would be access by normally-sized vehicles, not oversized trucks!

So the guy jockeys the truck back and forth, back and forth... a little left, a little right... tearing out grass with every turn of the steering wheel. In the process of all this jockeying, he gets out a few times to check his position. Finally, he dumps 1/2 a load into the yard, does some more jockeying (and grass ripping) before he pulls the truck up, gets out, closes the gate, and dumps the remainder on the outside of the fence, which is what would have been the wisest thing to do to begin with!!

I'm standing at my window watching this fiasco and silently daring him, with every fiber of my being, to pull that damned truck anywhere near my lawn. I would have been out the door like a screaming banshee! Maybe he saw me, I dunno. At any rate, my lawn is still intact, but if my neighbor wasn't already re-landscaping, he sure would have to now.

The man was a putz, that's all there is to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home