"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, July 30

Someone's in the kitchen...

So I've been putzing around in the kitchen again, trying some new stuff that other people have been eating for years and I'm just getting around to, and also reprising some of our favorites that we haven't had for awhile. (Phew! Now there's a run-on sentence!!)

Fired up the grill... at our house that's known as plugging in the handy-dandy Foreman ... last night and made a pile of our usual grilled shrimp to go along with that Ramen noodle soup salad that everybody talks about. Definitely a different dish, with lots of crunch, but super easy and one we'll have again. We also had it earlier in the week with grilled chicken strips. I used this recipe... Grilled Shrimp w/Oriental Salad .

Of course, we had to have an equally easily made dessert, so threw together a curl-your-toes sweet Cherry/Pineapple Dump Cake.

6 Comments:

At 7/30/2006 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really makes me smile. My mother has been making Dump Cake since I was a teenager. I never had it with coconut though. Sounds yummy.

 
At 7/30/2006 9:17 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm not much of a seafood fan but boy does that cake sound yummy!!!!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 7/31/2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Vintage Papers said...

oh Marianne that grilled shrimp is making my mouth water! hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer. my blog has moved - hope you can come and visit me in my new home!

 
At 8/01/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Mom of 2 princesses said...

That dump cake sounds delicious! Can we take the calories out of it!

 
At 8/02/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Just have to say a big "thank you", Marianne! I forgot all about Dump-It cake. It was a regular when I was growing up. Bet I haven't had it in close to 20 years. But that's about to change!

 
At 8/02/2006 9:49 PM, Blogger The Knotty Girl said...

Ramen noodle soup salad?! Thats like Christmas to a cheap girl's ears. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home