"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, January 17

Thursday Thirteen #7: 13 Foods I won't be eating...




13 Foods I Won't Be Eating Anytime Soon...


1. oysters, mussels, clams - no slimy, snotty stuff


2. sardines - ugh, that would be like eating your pet goldfish


3. anchovies - fishy salt


4. octopus, squid - there are no words


5. sushi - no raw fish for me...

6. caviar - ...or fish eggs :-p


7. steak tartare - nope, no raw meat or raw eggs either - fire was invented for a reason!


8. liver - pate, puddin', wurst - nope, nope... not in any form


9. heart, gizzard, brains, sweetbreads - no organ meats; calling them "sweet" isn't fooling anyone!


10.tongue, tripe, chittlings - barf!


11. pigs feet - ditto - have you ever looked at these things? why would anyone put them in their mouth?? *shudder*


12. headcheese - the very name grosses me out - I can't get past it, let alone get it past my lips.


13. creepy crawlies - I'm not eating no bugs - or worms - or anything remotely similar to that slop they eat on Fear Factor
(I've had escargot and frog legs before, though, and they're pretty tasty.)

and a bonus #14 -

14. mustard greens, collards, kale, chicory - nasty stuff (but I love spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc. - go figure!)

Some of these I've been talked into trying... and won't be trying again. Some I haven't tried... which is no great loss as far as I'm concerned.
~ ~ ~

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At 1/18/2007 7:01 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Think I'll be skipping breakfast now.

 
At 1/18/2007 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! except for the headcheese, and the steak tartar, oh and maybe the pigs feet (I guess it depends on how its prepared?)... I'd have to say I love most of the things on your list :) Never tried the creepy crawlies, but have always been curious :) Happy T13!

 
At 1/18/2007 7:50 AM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

OK, didn't need to see that first thing in the morning (lol). I with you on all of those (except 14- I like greens). Great list!

 
At 1/18/2007 9:53 AM, Blogger Caylynn said...

Great list! I agree with absolutely everything on your list - I will never eat any of those either! (Although I also like spinach!)

Happy T13. :)

 
At 1/18/2007 10:14 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

::shudder:: clams are like big slimy tongues. gross. along with most everything else you listed. i do like squid in the form of calamari though. and i tried tuna tartare -- that was actually pretty good! and some sushi that isn't extreme with all the raw fish.

 
At 1/18/2007 12:11 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

I'll definitely join you in not eating any of that stuff! LOL

Congrats on being selected as a featured Thirteener for the week at the Hub! Enjoy!!

 
At 1/18/2007 12:55 PM, Blogger Christie O. said...

hahahahaha head cheese! i say the same exact thing! (shudder) most of those things i hate, except sushi, i love raw tuna and i'm not a raw fish person either! have a happy!

 
At 1/18/2007 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I wouldn't go near a creepy crawly, let alone eat one! Gross!

Happy TT!

My TT is up

 
At 1/18/2007 2:21 PM, Blogger Faerylandmom said...

I have to agree with pretty much evertything here. Yep. Everything. Except sushi...I'm a little more open to that. Especially the kind with no seaweed.

 
At 1/18/2007 4:02 PM, Blogger kuanyin333 said...

Why, dahling...you don't know what you're missing out on! Ha! Happy TT!

 
At 1/18/2007 5:06 PM, Blogger Brinker Business said...

I love that idea for a TT. I won't be eating anything you mentioned either.

 
At 1/18/2007 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny, I did my list on things that gross me out and we have similar items.I totally agree with you. Great list. Have a great weekend!

 
At 1/18/2007 6:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I actually like several of those things but I cannot agree more about head cheese--when I first heard of it I couldn't believe there were humans who think that is food. Come to thing of it I still can't.

 
At 1/18/2007 6:48 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Most of these I would agree with. I do love oysters on occasion and mustard greens and kale too. Happy TT.

 
At 1/18/2007 8:56 PM, Blogger BlueBugg said...

the first half of your list I'm ok with (i.e I love sushi and all the fishy things you mentioned I would be happy to consume)......but the second half....I am in total agreement...the pigs feet are just creepy!

 
At 1/19/2007 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I see what you mena.... *lol* Gross pitures you've found!

I guess I agree with most of them, except the caviar - or rather white fish roe to be exact, that I like.

And the greens could go, but not too much.

And I'm a hungry monster, just not on these ones. I don't like when it LOOKS strange :-)

 
At 1/19/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Lisa Kae said...

Hey Marianne,

I'm new to the 13 list. Posted my first last night. Your list was good--and gross! Apparently seafood isn't your thing. ;) Your site is really wonderfully done, mine is basic, but I'm getting there. I got the idea for a clock from you--thanks.

 
At 1/20/2007 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha I just had to comment on this one! I love #s 1, 3, 4 (altho I really want to NOT eat octopus or squid anymore; anything that can change its colors is too amazing to eat), 5, 6 (small egg only), 8, 9. I do like sardines, too, but I can take 'em or leave 'em.

I'm not a big fan of raw meat either.

I've had tongue when I was a child and I liked it...and I have tasted chitlins...yuck! Never tripe.

I've had ham hocks...similar to pigs feet, but different...and I really like them! Cooked with collards, but I like bitter greens ;-)

Headcheese & creepies, ditto...not eatin' 'em!

Great list, great pics!

 
At 1/20/2007 6:15 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

There is not ONE thing on that list I would eat either :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 1/21/2007 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your whole list except #14 (though I will eat clams if they are breaded and fried). Congrats on being featured this week on TT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home