"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, January 11

Thursday Thirteen #Six: 13 Things it's possible to like about winter...



13 Not-So-Bad Things About Winter

Not being a winter person, it's hard to think of many, but there are still some things I love about the season:


1. flannel sheets - nothing better than crawling into nice warm ones on a cold winter night

2. quilts
- and then snuggling under one of these


3. fleece throws
- my sister-in-law made us the softest, warmest ones to ward off the chill


4. warm, cozy fires
- ranks up there with flannel sheets for warmth


5. blankets of untouched snow
- my backyard and the field behind my house are just glittery gorgeous before the critters - the 4- and 2-legged variety - leave their footprints all over


6. wet snow/ice on trees
- I love when snow clings to the branches or ice freezes around them

7. soups
- nothing warms my innards better than a hearty bowl of home-made soup - baked potato, taco, vegetable beef - good stuff

8. red Isotoner gloves
- my favorite pair with my winter white coat

9. fuzzy sweaters
- the soft, warm ones

10. turtlenecks
- layered under a sweater or shirt

11. Christmas decorations/greenery
- bright red bows on dark evergreen branches and holly

12. cardinals and snow
- nothing says winter like that flash of bright red on brilliant white snow

13. mulled cider
- with cinnamon stick, allspice, cloves, a dash of nutmeg and bit of brown sugar simmering in a crock pot ... mmm, yummy

~ ~ ~

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1/11/2007 7:48 AM, Blogger Debi said...

That was a wonderful list! I LOVE winter, and I couldn't have done better. Now, if winter would just show up!

 
At 1/11/2007 9:08 AM, Blogger Caylynn said...

I'm not a fan of snow or winter either, but you have managed to put together a list of the nice things about the season. I do like running through fresh fallen snow, but only when I know there's no ice underneath it, it's not too deep, and it's not too cold out. But normally running is much nicer when it's warm out, so I'm not a huge winter fan.

Happy T13. :)

 
At 1/11/2007 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always been a little hesitant to get flannel sheets because I get so hot at night as it is. I love soups! And love to have a throw over me when I am watching TV on the couch. Christmas, mulled cider -- mmm -- and love the picture of snow and cardinals. Winter is not my favorite season, either, but it has its bright spots. :)

 
At 1/15/2007 10:57 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

this is an awesome list Marianne! we are in complete agreement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home