"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, January 2

Alphabetical Tag...

There are a few different versions of these making the rounds of blogland - some with the same questions and some different. Soooo, I combined two I saw the most and played that way. It's an open tag so just play along if you like.

A is for age: 64 chronologically, about 40 otherwise

A - Available or single: single, no... available? - we'll talk! ;)


B is for beer: can't stand the stuff - all it does is give me a headache and make me have to pee

B - Best friend: they're all the best - Ruthie and the Claudias - the best!


C is for career: not anymore but back in the day - administrative asst/office mgr in
the satellite communications field
C - Cake or pie: cake, thank you - preferably lemon w/coconut icing


D is for my dog's name: don't have a dog, I'm really a cat people and have two; in the past, though, we've had a Snoball,
a Shelly, a Togo, a Mickey, and a Rusty of the canine beasties (not all at the same time!)
D - Drink of choice: coffee, with 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar


E is for essential items used everyday:
my puffers (aka inhalers)


F is for favorite color: almost any shade of blue, but I've grown rather fond of red recently


G is for game: Sorry or Uno with my grands, Scrabble or Trivial Pursuit with the big
guys
G - Gummy bears or worms: I'd eat a bear before I'd eat a worm!


H is for hometown: Washington, DC


I is for instruments I play: I play a mean keyboard... of the computer variety ;)

I - Indulgence: a small bowl of Cheetos with my bedtime reading


J is for favorite juice: pineapple

J - January or February: February, it's closer to Spring


K is for who's butt I'd like to kick: any of the monsters who hurt our babies

K - Kids & names: yes, one bio and five step, Jim, Ginny, Richard, Beth, David, and
Susan

L is for last place I ate: in my family room - oh, you mean restaurant? Probably
Macaroni Grill
L - Life is incomplete without? books and cats


M is for marriage: yes, okay - what about it??

M - Marriage date: 1986


N is for my name: Marianne

N - Number of siblings: 2 sisters, one brother


O is for overnight hospital stays: yes, a few

O - Oranges or apples: oranges


P is for people I was with today: Lew

P - Phobias or fears: hmmmm, nothing incapacitating but I have a naggy anxiety of
driving over water - probably cuz I don't think I could save myself anymore

Q is for quote: oh, I have so many favorites, this is just one:


"You're living the life you chose.

If you don't like it... choose something different."

Jim Fay


R is for biggest regret: hmmm, probably that I didn't quit smoking about 30 years earlier

R - Reasons to smile: six wonderful children, seven darling grandkiddies, 2 kittycats,
and one goofy husband!

S is for sport: can't name just one - football and tennis

S - Season: Spring, and the brand new, fresh life that comes with it


T is for travelled to: this could take awhile - so I'll just go with 22 states, Canada,
Barbados, and St. Maarten
T - Tag 3 or 4 people: I'm gonna make it an open tag - anyone who wants to play can,
but you don't have to iffen you don't want to

U is for current underwear: that definitely falls under the "need to know" category
and y'all just don't need to know - suffice it to say that yes, I do do underwear.
U - Unknown fact about me: well duh-huh! if I told, then it wouldn't be unknown,
would it? Okay, okay, my online buds probably don't know that I have about a 3-1/2 x 1/4", 25-stitch scar on the inside of my left arm from sticking it through a door window when I was a kid - you can still count the stitch marks.

V is for vegetable I adore: potatoes, any kind of potatoes

V - Vegetable you don't like: kale or collards or mustard greens - blech!


W is for wish: I wish I lived closer to my grandkids

W - Worst habit: procrastination


X is for x-rays I have had: teeth, boobs, feet, arm, chest, bones, back - just about
everything

Y is for youthful ambition not fulfilled: I always wanted to have my own private
beach
Y - Your fave food: crab legs slathered in melted butter


Z is for zodiac: Leo


There you go - y'all were just waiting with bated breath to know more about me, huh? ;)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1/02/2007 8:37 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

you & i are *so* alike with our favorite colors! i was always a "blue" girl but i am loving some red too these days!

 
At 1/02/2007 8:42 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Love that quote!

Just love reading these things.

 
At 1/02/2007 11:28 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

Oh my gosh, just reading it made me tired ;-) Kudos to you for doing it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home