"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, December 23

A Borrowed Christmas Game...

Since I just know you're all finished with your Christmas preparations and ready to sit back and relax for a few, here's a fun way to spend your down time. Tammy at Mimmsical Creations borrowed this game from a friend, and I'm borrowing it from her! Here's how it works:

Google the word "Christmas" and the year of your birth, then add photos that you find associated with the date.
This was fun - here's what I found:

General view of the speakers platform
at the Christmas exercise,December 24, 1942,
in the court of the Pentagon Bldg., Arlington, Virginia.


Genuine WWII Patriotic postage used stateside during World War II.

Vintage Christmas Carol Book published in 1942
by Whitman Publishing Co., Racine WI

The Disney Studios Christmas Cards: 1942
photo from 2719 HYPERION


"White Christmas" was introduced by Bing Crosby
in the 1942 musical Holiday Inn.

Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 12/24/2006 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pics you found. I played too. That was fun!

Merry Christmas!

 
At 12/25/2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun stuff!! My favorite holiday movie is Holiday Inn!! I love Bing Crosby! We'll be watching it today! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home