"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, December 28

Is it just me or...

...have the charity drive people of this country lost their ever-lovin' minds?? I just hung up on the most unbelievable phone call... for the second time this week.

The phone rings, I pick it up, say hello, and it's a recording. Lovely. Bad enough I get interrupted by a recording, right? But wait... it gets better. So this recorded dude tells me what group he's with - in this case, the Committee for Missing Children or some such - and then has the balls, the unmitigated gall to tell me to "please hold ... blah, blah, blah." Wait a minute! You called me! And now I'm supposed to hold?? I didn't give said recording the time to utter another word as I politely hung up my telephone.

What the hell is wrong with people?? You call
my house, disturb my valuable time, only to have some electronic non-entity tell me to hold while he/it goes about doing whatever it is he/it does?? Are you people crazy?? How's that working for ya? Getting all kinds of positive response and generous donations, are ya?

I don't think so! Grrrrrrrrrr... take my name off your list, morons!

1 Comments:

At 12/28/2006 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have just touched upon one of my biggest pet peeves!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home