"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, January 4

It's the little things...

Who'da thunk you could ever get excited about getting a bill? I got me one today, with MY name on it, and yes, I am excited! Wellll... maybe pleased would be a better word, but still.

A brief history - when I got divorced umpteen bazillion years ago, my lawyer at the time advised me to not change the name on specific documents so as to avoid grievous complications for myself - loss of my house, for one. While not technically illegal, it wasn't totally kosher either and could have created major problems had the right questions been asked by the right people.

At any rate, here it is, some almost 30 years(!) later, and finally, in the past year, the name situation has been remedied. None of my legal documents, mortgage, deed, insurance bills, county bills, etc. no longer have my previously-married name attached to them.

I just got my first county water and sewer bill in my present name and I'm thrilled!


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 1/05/2007 3:35 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

Sometimes it really is the little things! Congrats on your "new" name!!

 
At 1/05/2007 6:06 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

It sounds like it a good thing! I'm happy you seem so happy about it.

take care,
Dawn

 
At 1/06/2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Congrats! Changing my name back to my own was the first thing I did when my first husband and I split up. Ha!

 
At 1/06/2007 6:13 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Congratulations, Marianne! How incredible that must feel!

 
At 1/17/2007 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's the little things in life that can really make your day! Now, can I send you some of my bills? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home