"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, June 2

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

SuperSquirrel!!

Looking up is this week's theme on my Project 365+1
. So, I go out on the front porch to look up and around the immediate neighborhood and maybe get a picture of something interesting. Out of the corner of my eye, I spied some movement on the edge of the roof, but when I looked, caught only a glimpse of something moving back quick and then a bird flying off to the side. Not thinking anymore of it, I sat down and resumed looking around.

All of a sudden, out of that same corner of my eye, I see something come off the roof, and almost simultaneously,
hear a thump. Turning my head, I see a squirrel pick itself up off the ground where it landed, glance at me as if to say "I meant to do that," and scurry under a nearby rhododendron bush! A few seconds later, it scurried across the grass to the maple tree and disappeared somewhere up into its heights.

Cha!! I was flabbergasted! The stupid thing jumped off the roof!
With a big ol' maple tree and its branches sitting right there for it to jump onto, the goofy animal jumped off the roof! Now, I've always known our squirrels were a bit intellectually challenged, but I never suspected they were into hari kari! Or maybe it just miscalculated and fell, but it sure didn't look that way.

Oh, and even more stupid? There I sat, mouth open and camera in hand, and not.one.picture... not a one! *sigh*

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6/02/2008 11:09 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

LOL!!! I bet my jaw would have been hanging open too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home