"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, June 4

Strawberry season

Our local Farmer's Market opened for the season today so we decided to go check out their wares. There weren't a whole lot of choices, probably because it was the first day, but oh boy, strawberry season is here!

One vendor had baskets and baskets of the most delicious looking berries, so needless to say, we got us some
.
Then, on the way home we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a container of strawberry cream cheese.

Then, after we got home I promptly whipped up a batch of fruit dip (combine a container/brick of cream cheese and a jar of marshmallow creme.)

Then, I had me some.

Then,



...I had me some more! ;)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 6/04/2008 10:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

all i can say is yummy and i will have to go ahead and try that!

 
At 6/05/2008 10:46 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Those look SOOOO good! We've had strawberries in the store here for a while and I've bought a pack or two. I haven't made it to the farmer's market yet, but hope to in the next weekend or so. I know they'll be so much better :)

Enjoy!

 
At 6/05/2008 12:31 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Mmm! Just *look* at those gorgeous berries! Seems like it's been forever since strawberry season in Florida. Ours peak in February!

 
At 6/06/2008 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummo! You're making me want some.

 
At 6/06/2008 4:29 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Strawberries are one of my favorite summer fruits! Those strawberries in your picture look great!

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home