"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, January 2

The pressure's off

Oh man, I am totally enjoying this! My second whole day without "having" to take a picture! Who would've thunk it would feel so good??

For the past two years, I've been involved in Project 365, a photography experience whereby your take a photo-a-day for an entire year. The idea is to learn more about photography, become more familiar and comfortable with a camera, and of course, have a photographic record of your daily life. Meeting new people and making friends are bonuses too.

For the most part, it's a fun project, and definitely a worthwhile undertaking, but it's not as easy as it sounds. At some point,
you can't help but feel the self-imposed pressure to not only take a picture every.single.day, but to end up with a picture worthy of sharing with the rest of the world. It can get just a skosh wearisome for us amateurs.

At any rate, I did it for the aforementioned two years sans one day this past November, but I'm still giving myself credit for the whole year. My screwy logic reasons that since 2008 was a leap year of 366 days and I took a photo every day for 365 of those days, I'm still entitled to claim a whole year since 365 days is the "normal" number of days in a year!! Brilliant, huh? You like that logic?? ;) heh, heh, heh

Anyway, I'm sooo enjoying the break. Didn't even think about picking up the camera yesterday and not thinking about it today either. Oh, I'll still be taking and posting photos -- it's become too much of a habit not to -- but for now it's going to be when I want, but more importantly... IF I want!

If those who haven't followed along want to see what I've been up to, you can check out the whole 2-yr archive here.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 1/02/2009 6:15 PM, Blogger Covered In Crafts said...

I think those challenges are so cool but I couldn't do it. :) I'm glad you're enjoying the lack of pressure. :D

 
At 1/03/2009 2:10 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Marianne,
Thanks for the info on New Years dinner. I'll have to try that next year.
I'll miss your photo journal, but look forward to your pictures on your terms this year! :)
Laurie

 
At 1/03/2009 10:04 AM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

I think your logic makes complete sense... the name of the game is Project 365, afterall *Ü*

Happy New Year!!!

 
At 1/03/2009 11:37 AM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

It was fun, but man it was a challenge, wasn't it? Yes, I learned a lot. Yes, it is great that we have two years of documentation of our lives, but it's been soooooo much more relaxing NOT having to take a photo!

 
At 1/03/2009 11:53 AM, Blogger Denise said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog and looking at your pictures!

Happy New Year!

 
At 1/04/2009 1:39 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Those challenges seem so intense!! Glad you get a break:).

 
At 3/28/2013 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be skeptical of the method encouraging one to take nutritional supplements. In case you are commencing to get fit, your whole body will not need supplements. You have to know that getting health supplements, like creatine, are an incredibly lucrative sector, depending on selling complete workout techniques that need you to take a nutritional supplement. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Appenffk8dti[/url]

 
At 3/28/2013 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come up with a good term that one could repeat to oneself when you begin to sense frustrated. You have to fight the negative thoughts by drowning them by helping cover their positive thoughts. Even if you do not believe your mantra, it can nonetheless assist. You should stay away from permitting the negativity take over. Say your key phrase during the day, and eventually your mind will quickly believe that it is correct. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Pro232rgram[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home