"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, December 28

Wonderland, my a$$ !!

While the southern grandsons were beyond excited at the prospect of the coming snow, I was of a different mindset and hoped it would hold off long enough for everyone to arrive. Oh well, so much for my plans!!

It started out innocently enough...


but by the time it was over...

we had a lotttt of snow. Bah, humbug!

My brother and sis-n-law started out early Saturday morning but had to turn back by the time they reached the NC/VA border. He's a retired truck driver so I figured if he couldn't make it, we wouldn't be seeing #1 granddaughter on this visit. Ha!! I temporarily lost my senses and forgot how headstrong and determined my baby girl can be!

Fifteen hours (!!) and 22 inches later, her car was safely
parked in our driveway and she was snuggled in a warm, cozy bed, catching up on some much needed sleep.


The boys had fun pelting each other with snowballs...


we stayed warm (in front of a balky fire) watching Christmas movies together (Christmas Carol and Polar Express)...

and Zoey claimed her spot on the bed, away from all the hubbub.


In spite of all the snow...



we had a wonderful early Christmas, and everyone got back home safe and sound.



Only then did I really appreciate the winter wonderland beauty of our snowy weekend.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 12/29/2009 10:21 AM, Blogger notes4us said...

Hi Marianne...hello family.
Your snowy Chrismas was absolutely beautiful. The only thing I would change about it is that I would plop myself right in the pictures with you. Miss you all and love you lots.

Claudia/frozen in Schenectady.

 
At 12/29/2009 5:39 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures Marriane! I look forward to our first real snowfall, then it can go back to Spring!

 
At 1/11/2010 10:54 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Those last two photos, especially, are so beautiful, but holy moly, that's a lot of snow!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home