"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, December 8

Coming up for air...

Alrighty then. Moving right along, we've been busy, busy, busy since Thanksgiving and our wonderful visit with Susan, Lawrence and the boys. I am so loving this grandkid thing!! ;) (check out Lew's blog for cutie pics.)

Next up is Jim, Tammy and the boys, as well as Christy and her fella! I can't remember how many years it's been since we celebrated Christmas with them all at our house,
but they're coming up the week before Christmas so I am ultra excited!!

We usually decorate for the holiday, but this year we've been putting a little bit of extra touch on it, pulling out old but fond memorable decorations that we don't always use when it's just the two of us. The tree is up and beautifully done, the outside is almost complete, and there's just a few more finishing touches to do inside. Fun stuff!

So far I'm just a skosh behind my planned schedule, but somehow we've managed to get all of the out-of-state presents for the rest of the kids bought, wrapped and shipped off... early for a change!! We also enjoy our annual toy shopping for the Toys for Tots program so that's done and the goodies dropped off at the local collection site.

This year I learned of another community project that is sure to become an annual favorite as well. Be a Santa to a Senior spreads holiday cheer to lonely, forgotten, or financially challenged seniors. Luckily, our local Wal-Marts participate in this program so we had fun picking a couple of ornament tags - a guy for Lew and a gal for me - and shopping for the requested items.

They don't ask for much, tshirts, peanut butter cups, towels, Mickey D gift cards, and the like. One item my lady wanted was a little challenging - some Avon perfume - but we got it. I Googled, found a local rep right here in my development, and she was able to get it to us yesterday. More fun stuff!

We are so fortunate to be able to do something for others and i
t just feels so good ... warms the cockles of my heart. :) The Christmas spirit is alive and well in our corner of Maryland!!

1 Comments:

At 12/10/2009 11:25 AM, Anonymous Cindy said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I remember what a wonderful time is to be had at your house at Christmas. Have a marvelous time with your babies(who aren't such babies.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home