"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, October 18

Frills for fall...

Not much going on in my neck of the woods, just our normal everyday doings. Since the temperatures have turned beyond nippy (dipping down into the low 40's) for this time of year, the heating system has been checked and turned on, the chimney sweep has declared the fireplace clean and good to go, and the beds are dressed in their annual flannel finery. I have my trusty little heater oscillating beside me at the computer, so even though the frost isn't quite on the pumpkin yet, we are ready for whatever chill Mother Nature decides to throw our way.

Speaking of pumpkins, we've also prettified the front porch and patio by adding some color and whimsy with seasonal flowers, gourds and other stuff.


Another pot of yellow mums sits atop an
out of view table on the right...

Remembering our pumpkin poacher episode from last season, we
put our doofy dude on the patio for our own, safer viewing pleasure.


A few finishing touches indoors and we'll be all set for fall, decorating-wise. I don't even want to think about that holiday in December ... yet!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2009 11:02 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I'm glad you found a way to still enjoy your outdoor Autumn goodies, despite the poachers. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home