"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, September 30

Speaking of annoying...

Lew made arrangements with our lawn service last week to aerate and overseed the lawn. They were supposed to show up today at 2:00 pm. So Monday evening the dude calls and says he'll be here Tuesday at 2:00. No, sez my guy, I already told your people that Tuesday wouldn't work (we had a doctor appointment.) Oh, okay sez the dude, I'll be there Wednesday. Well duh! That's when you were supposed to be here anyway, you clod!


You see it coming, right?




Wait for it...




Do I have to tell you that this putz showed up at 7:40ish this AM with his malfunctioning aerating machine?? Lew, who is the early bird of our house, wasn't even up yet!

The miserable machine,
with its most annoying grinding noise, would run for less than a minute, then cut off. Then said putz would spend another 20 seconds or so trying to start it up again. Then it would run for less than a minute and stop again. This went on and on... and on ... for about half an hour or so before I finally gave up and rolled my frazzled body out of bed.

Now those of you who know me, know that I do not react well to being rudely jarred awake. I react even less kindly when I'm rudely jarred awake at the bleepin' crack of dawn!! Grrrr!

Our lawn service has shot its way up to the top of my s**t list.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10/02/2009 11:18 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Grrr, I'd be mad too! I think there should be a law that no one should run a loud machine in a residential area before 8 AM, or even better, 9 AM. There are people trying to sleep, you know :(

Did they get the yard aerated or do they have to come back and try again?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home