"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, September 9

A little of this, a little of that...

Pheww! It took longer than anticipated, but finally the freezer inventory is done. We have an upright freezer in the garage, a freezer compartment in the kitchen fridge, and a freezer compartment in the basement fridge, all of which were jam-packed but not in a good way. In spite of having an inventory list, it had gotten to the point where we were no longer quite sure what was where or even what we had.

Having a list doesn't help one bit if the right hand (me) doesn't know what the left hand (Lew) is doing and consistently keep it updated, ya know?

Anywhoo, things are better oganized and more readily grabbable now.

Good thing too, because with the coming of fall, my instinct to keep the freezer stocked for the winter months has kicked in.

Keeping all those yummy peaches company are cinnamon apples, tomatoes, and taco soup. Still to come this week
are a couple of casseroles I need to restock and a new corn chowder recipe I want to try. Maybe some quick breads too... pumpkin and banana.

All in between watching tennis, of course.
I'm pleasantly surprised that the ESPN coverage has been pretty comprehensive, but can't say much for CBS' weekend coverage. It's the night matches that get really exciting, people!!

The American men have proved a disappointment in this final grand slam of the year, but I've been enjoying some great tennis matches and the off-court shenanigans of the commentators.

So, that's some of what I've been up to. Not terribly exciting, but hey, it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble! ;)

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9/10/2009 4:11 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Wow, I'm so impressed that you have an inventory of your freezers! That's something I really should do, but you know, I can't seem to get organized enough to do it! I did clean out my pantry a couple of weeks ago, though, so at least I'm trying. Sounds like your freezer is already stocked with yummy foods, with more to come.

I've actually watched a little tennis also this week. Which is a first for me - I probably haven't watched much tennis since before I met my husband (14, soon to be 15 years ago). But I've really enjoyed the matches I've watched on ESPN this week. Hated to see Oudin last night, was really pulling for her :)

We're ready for football season to start though - game tonight then all the teams on Sunday. Hoorah!

Have a great day and a terrific autumn, Marianne!

 
At 9/14/2009 1:34 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I am quite envious of all your freezer space! All I have is my one tiny apartment-sized refrigerator with the dinky freezer on top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home