"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, August 18

Oranges, anyone?

Well, shame on me!! Here it is past the middle of August and I've darn near let summer slip right on by with hardly a word! Life (and grandkids!) has a way of getting in the way sometimes, doesn't it?? ;)


So anyway, I've got a birthday coming up and got a card from my sister yesterday that totally made my day! Here's the story:

Back in the day, when she was dating and I was just her sweet, innocent little baby sister of about 5 or 6, I managed to embarrass her to death in front of a boyfriend. It probably wasn't the first or only time, but it's definitely the one that stands out the most in memory.

She and he were hanging out in the living room and, I dunno, maybe I was feeling neglected or something, but I took my angelic self into the kitchen, confiscated some oranges, and snuck into my parents bedroom for a little bit of ... uhmmm ... rearranging. I crammed two oranges under my tee shirt and then came strutting out of the bedroom, with all my womanly charms pushed out in front of me as
far as my little self could push them, and proceeded to waltz myself in front of the dude!

Oh.my.god!! The girl (as young girls are with the antics of younger siblings when trying to impress a guy,) was totally mortified and
wanted to die on the spot!! I, of course, thought it was funny as hell, but hey, I was just a little kid doing what little kids do ... what did I know?? Wasn't being irritating my job? heh, heh, heh.

Now then, back to the card. About two months ago, she found the perfect card and has been dying for August to get here so she could send it.
What a hoot!! We've laughed all over again! Somehow, she managed to find this:


Clearly, I'm not the only little girl who ever thought of the idea!! ;)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 8/18/2009 3:56 PM, Anonymous Elaine Big "E" said...

How positively apropos!!!

 
At 8/18/2009 9:49 PM, Blogger Lew said...

Don't need them oranges anymore Love!

 
At 8/19/2009 1:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

how perfect! you know they say when life gives you oranges make boobies, oh sorry that's not quite the quote, so let's make a new one!

 
At 8/20/2009 1:35 PM, Blogger Flossie said...

Marianne, they say that a good belly laugh is great for one's health! You just provided me with a good healthy day!!!!!!!

 
At 8/21/2009 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was way too funny girl!
Hope you had a wonderful birthday, oranges and all!
Love,
claudia :)

 
At 8/27/2009 11:17 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I hope you had a wonderful wonderful birthday Marianne! =)

Good to see you back here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home