"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, June 12

A good dentist is hard to find.


Always be a little kinder than necessary.

~James M. Barrie~



Recently, I had to make an unexpected trip to my dentist for a repair. A bridge had worked loose and threatened to pop out every time I ate.

Now, my dentist is not only a very nice man, but he's extremely good at what he does; very exacting, very precise, and well versed on state-of-the-art techniques. He doesn't take shortcuts for the sake of expediency for even the most minor procedure. He's also very solicitous about his patient's comfort.

Knowing all this, I still wasn't looking forward to this repair because I knew that rather than just reglue the silly thing, he would treat it as a brand new procedure, making sure he didn't overlook any damage or decay under the bridge that may have occurred over a period of time.

And so he did -- x-rays, exploration, poking here, there, and everywhere, a little numbing shot, a little reaming of the root canal under the bridge, a little cleaning, a lot of this, that and everything else. Finally, he finished and I had my bridge firmly reattached the way it should be, along with a drooping, drooling lip.

Oh, and the cost for all this?? Nada. Nothing. No charge.

I love my dentist.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6/13/2009 11:07 AM, Anonymous Kristin said...

Hi Marianne. I love your story! It IS hard to find a good dentist! Please do take a moment to visit my website to tell others about your experience...
www.tinkn.com
I set this site up so individuals such as yourself can help others to find great services like this.

Thanks!

Kristin

 
At 6/21/2009 5:57 PM, Anonymous Beverly said...

Ooh! I would love him, too.

 
At 7/07/2009 6:13 PM, Anonymous Virginia Dentists said...

Where did you find this dentist?? These days everybody is trying to get as much money as possible and here you are saying that the treatment for free of charge. There is still "hope" as they say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home