"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, June 30

All in the family

Well, it's been a busy few weeks, but a really good busy. On the 13th we (Lew, me, and my sister from CT) drove down to NC to surprise my brother for his 60th birthday. Jim, Tammy, and the kids also drove in from SC, so he got a double whammy surprise. Hard to believe my 'baby' brother is so old! I can remember when he was still in my mommy's tummy!

Two of my favorite guys -
Bro John on left and my son, Jim


My sister-in-law really pulled the whole thing off very nicely because John thought they were having a pig roast party for the teachers from the school where she works! Heh, heh heh -- and a good time was had by all.

The birthday boy and his lovely lady, Lynne

Jim's lovely lady, Tammy

It was especially nice getting to see the Southern grands. Christy has usually had to work so hasn't been able to get to too many recent family gatherings; due to other necessities this year -- summer school and band camp -- the boys aren't going to be able to come up for summer like they have in the past either. We talk a lot on the phone, but it was better getting to see them all.

Granddaughter Christy

Grandson Christopher

Grandson Michael - catching a few zzzs

After an uneventful trip back to MD, my sis spent another week with us and we had a great time catching up, playing games, and just enjoying each other's company.

We took her back to CT this past weekend but what should have been a mere six hour trip turned into a nine hour ordeal after we crossed the George Washington Bridge. Three straight hours of traffic, downpours, and misery later, we finally got to CT where my niece had a yummy meal and flowers waiting to greet us.
Haven't seen my niece and nephews in waaay too long so got to visit with them and their partners, as well as my nephew's adorable poochie I've heard so much about. We really had a good time.

Sister Lonnie, niece Leslie, and me

Molly, my nephew's adorable shih tzu

Then, on the way back to MD, we made a stop in NJ
and had a wonderful, but way too short visit with Susan, Lawrence, Winston, and new grandbaby, Lewis. The baby is totally adorable and Winston is definitely a treasure. He's not yet three and already knows his letters. Oh, and did I tell you he can also swim and speak Chinese? Heh, heh, heh -- that's MY grandson! ;)

Proud Grandpa Lew enjoying his namesake, baby Lewis

Snoozing sweetie

Awake, alert and ready for some action

Big brother, Winston taking a break from his cars

There are more photos of baby Lewis on Lew's Other Pics.

~ ~ ~


So, I think we'll be staying put for awhile, but... it's hard telling, not knowing!


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 6/30/2009 9:44 PM, Blogger Desert Songbird said...

Glad you got to visit with the grandkids. Family time is such a blessing.

Hope the rest of your summer goes well, Marianne.

 
At 7/01/2009 1:27 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

What a wonderful vacation! I know you made memories to last a lifetime, how precious they are. And speaking of precious, I love that baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home