"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, August 30

PSA - dust to dust... and then some

So, I sit myself down to my computer earlier today to check the mail and see what's happening in the rest of the world. In the process, I break a fingernail, the tip of which went flying right into my keyboard! Crap! So now I see it sitting in there but can't quite get ahold of it. Aha, sez I, I'll try a toothpick - my handy dandy little go-to tool for tiny spaces and crevices. So, I start digging in between the keys to try and lift the stupid thing out. Oh well! All I have to say is:

Ewwww! Ack! Gross!!


You would not believe the junk I pulled out of my keyboard with that one little toothpick! Oh.my.god!!
  • Cat hair
  • dust
  • fuzz
  • more cat hair
  • bits of food
  • lint
  • chunks of... something
  • even more cat hair
  • more dust
  • some powdery stuff
  • and on and on and on.
It was disgusting, I tell you, totally, unequivocally repulsive!! I don't know how the machine even worked!

Now, I may not dust it as regularly as I should (duh, brilliant deduction) but holy crap! One doesn't expect the contents of one's keyboard to equal the contents of a vacuum cleaner bag!! Seriously, once I got it loosened, it just kept coming and coming. I pulled out such a biiig pile of stuff. Lew thought I should take a picture but it was really just too embarrassing.

So anyway, my PSA is this:

1. dust your keyboard (get in between those keys) more often than you think you do;

and

2. even turn it over and give it a little shake.

Or, you can do what I'm gonna do - find me a keyboard cover!


PS: yes, I finally got the fingernail tip out too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8/30/2009 9:32 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Wow Marianne, who would have thunk!! I'm looking to a toothpick now!

 
At 8/31/2009 1:45 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

Methinks you need to invest in a can of compressed air. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home