"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, September 30

How annoying...

I got a call from my credit card company last evening, notifying me that my card had been flagged as possibly compromised and they would be canceling that number immediately. Erggg!

It's the only card I use online so at least I don't have to worry about other cards, and
it's nice to know they're on their toes monitoring card activity to catch potential misuse, but jeez, what a bother! You know how long it took me to memorize that damn number and how many places I have to notify??

So now I have to wait 3-5 days to get the new one, but in the meantime, before I even had a chance to notify them, I've already recieved an email from Blockbuster requesting a payment information update!! And so it begins.
*sigh*

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2009 12:11 PM, Anonymous Cindy said...

What a stinkin bummer. But you are right, at least they contacted you about it.

 
At 10/02/2009 11:20 AM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

We just went through this over the summer, except it was our main card that we use for everything! I found the error. Someone in another state charged their electric utility bill to our credit card! They cancelled our card and issued us new cards and a new number (to which I have several things tied online too!). The cards were supposed to show up in 3-5 business days, but took nearly 10. And on top of that, when MY card came in the mail, it wouldn't scan in any store! My husband's was fine, but I'm the one out grocery shopping and running errands. It was a pain but it did all get settled, it just took a few aggravating weeks.

I hope yours is much simpler and much smoother! Netflix was good and notified me, but another vendor just shut our account down when they couldn't charge our old card. No email, no phone call, no mail, nothing.

Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home