"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, September 27

I wonder...

... if cats get lonely? Recently, my female beastie has taken to sitting upstairs and yowling the most mournful yowl. Like she's the only living thing left in the whole, wide world! It's as pitiful as can be, but it's also annoying as hell. It echos through the entire house and I can't hear myself think once she gets going.

She's been fixed, so she's not in heat. She's not hungry because there's always something in their dishes. She's not sick or hurting because when she eventually shuts up and deigns to respond to my call, she's just a rubbing purr machine.

She doesn't seem to have a problem coming dowstairs; as a matter of fact, my chair is one of her favorite snoozing spots. She's a mixed-breed Siamese and could be exercising her innate vocalizing, but since it's a recent habit,
I don't think so.

'Tis a puzzlement... maybe she just likes the sound of her own yowl.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9/28/2009 1:40 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I've said it before & I know I will say it again. I sure wish beasties & babies had thought bubbles over their heads. Even if they were just filled with stick-figure-type images. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home