"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, March 23

I must have my Thin Mints!

Used to be I couldn't get away from the little buggers. Every time I turned around, some little girl (or one of her parents) was trying to sell me boxes of cookies... boxes of Girl Scout cookies. Now that I want the damn things, there's not a Girl Scout in sight! Seriously, there hasn't been one kid bump on my door trying to sell me cookies this year. Isn't that always the way - they're never there when you need them?

Now, they stand outside our local Safeway and peddle their wares that way. I suppose it's a safety thing nowadays, what with all the perverts and looney tunes out there just waiting to snatch some sweet young thing bumping on his door. It's a good thing, I know. Only problem is you have to get lucky and just happen to be at the store when they are 'cause I'm not seeing any ads in the paper or commercials on TV.

Lew lucked out a week or so ago and brought home a box... one crummy box!... and I've been rationing them ever since. Then he found out they're going to be back this weekend. Sooooo, I'm having him pick up a half-dozen or so boxes. I'll put them in the freezer. I must have my Thin Mints!

"Where have all the young girls gone, long time passing?
Where have all the young girls gone, long time ago?"

4 Comments:

At 3/23/2006 9:15 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

ya know what's worse than that? some Girl Scout Troops are not selling the original cookies! they can pick from 2 vendors now & the boxes look deceptively alike--but one is most definitely an imposter. YUCK.

 
At 3/23/2006 9:20 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

You know, those thin mints taste mighty fine right from the freezer. It has gotten to the point for me that I'm all cookied out (I have students that are selling them and of course I have to buy some). When I go to the grocery store I give them money but ask them to keep the cookies :) I can easily eat a box on the ride home!!!

I hope your stash lasts a while for you :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 3/23/2006 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found myself wanting some of those yummy lemon ones. But, I was strong this year. I did the thing where you buy the cookies, and they send them to our troops. Hopefully, someone is over there eating my lemon cookies. But, I really would like just one.

 
At 3/24/2006 6:49 AM, Blogger Debi said...

I wish I would have known...I could have sent you some. Of course, they've been in our freezer for nearly a year and a half. We had to buy like a ba-zillion boxes back then from our daughter (so she could make her quota that they don't really call a quota, but strongly pressure them to make nonetheless). Luckily for us, she dropped being a Brownie this year. And yes, they're all Thin Mints...it's the ONLY kind in my mind!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home