"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, March 20

Of candy canes and barber poles...

Our family room has its architectural challenges. In one corner of the ceiling is a rectangular boxed-in "piece" that hides some plumbing from an upstairs shower - what were they thinking?? Running the length of the approximately 25 x 13 ft room is another boxed-in configuration that hides the main heating/AC ductwork for the house. And almost in the middle of the room, lengthwise, about 3 feet from the wall, is the piece de resistance... a 4" diameter steel pole that supports the steel Ibeam that holds up the entire house. Soooooo, you can't move it or make it go away. It comes with the territory. Just sits there looking stupid.

A real pita to decorate around too. Lew wants to paint stripes around it and make it a pretty(?) candy cane/barber pole kind of thing. I'm holding out for catnip infused carpeting to make it a giant cat scratch post. Goes better with my decor. *sigh*

3 Comments:

At 3/21/2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Since I don't live there, I don't get a vote. But if I did, I'd go with the giant kitty scratching post...clever and practical!

 
At 3/21/2006 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the scratching post thing - maybe carpet with little mouse pattern to it. Buster will be climbing to the top so he can pounce on your monitor.

LOL!!!

 
At 3/21/2006 7:49 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I also think the kitty scratching post is a good idea. There is however a part of me that loves Christmas that can almost picture that candy cane LOL!

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home