"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, March 16

By request...

Beverly (and anyone else,) here's the recipe for the cream cheese chicken you asked for:

Warning! This is soooooo not a WW recipe! lol

Italian Crock Pot Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (whole or cut into bite-sized pieces)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 stick BUTTER (tastes better than marg.)
1 env. dry Italian dressing mix
1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature

Melt butter, pour over chicken in crock pot. Sprinkle with dry Italian dressing mix. Cover, and cook on high for 3-4 hours.*

Blend soup and cream cheese, pour over chicken for last 1/2 hour.**
Serve over angel hair or your choice of pasta.

*depending on how hot your crock gets, some run hotter than others.

**when I add the soup and cheese, I take the chicken out, blend the soup/cheese mixture into the pot contents until creamy, and return chicken for the last 1/2 hr.

This stuff is plate-lickin' good!

Of course you can substitute low-fat ingredients to reduce the calorie count. It will still taste good, but obviously different, and not as rich as the original recipe. Also, while I've never tried it, others have and it can be cooked on the stove or oven; just adjust the cooking times accordingly. Enjoy!!

(Thought of something else - since it's usually only the two of us, I usually make this with two breasts and just have extra sauce. I don't know if it freezes well.)

2 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 11:26 AM, Blogger Debi said...

My mouth is watering away here!!! I know what my family will be having sometime this weekend!

 
At 3/16/2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I've read many people raving about this. I think I will print this out and try it soon. Thanks for sharing :)

take care,
Dawn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home