"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, March 14

Tissue issue...

I'm an under person myself. That's the way my mother did it and I just carried on the tradition. For years and years and years. Through one marriage, one kid, and some years of living alone, it was under. Just seemed right.

Until I let this guy I married share my bathroom. His mommy was an over person, so ergo, it only followed... etc. At first, I didn't say anything - just changed it and put it back on the right way, figuring he'd get the message. Nnnnnnnah, didn't happen. And that's how it all starts, you know - those little things.

So over a period of time, I grew weary and lazy, moved on to bigger and better battles, and relinquished control of le toilette papier... temporarily. He should have paid attention, the man didn't know how good he had it.

I don't remember now exactly what prompted it, perhaps that nagging feeling of not being heard and slowly having one's boundaries being neglected, but I clearly remember the night, as I was about to avail myself of said hygienic material, that I blew a gasket, screeched like a banshee, and threatened severe bodily harm if ever I saw the TP over on the roll again! I wailed something about nothing being mine anymore, not even the stupid toilet paper, and I know the man thought I had clearly lost my ever-loving mind!!

I know, I know, I shouldn't complain - at least he replaced the empties, right? Well, he still replaces them, and he should - I'm not the only one using the stuff, you know. He humors me now, though, and does it my way. Whattaguy!

I'm still an under person.

3 Comments:

At 3/14/2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Debi said...

You go girl!!!
(Afraid I'm an over-person myself, though).

 
At 3/14/2006 2:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

You make me laugh. You know for years I felt challenged, not having an opinion of my own. Was I an under girl or an over girl. One night it came to me as I was trying to get the paper off the roll in the dark. Instinctively, I hit the roll in a downward motion sending the TP just where I wanted it to be and ever since I've decided that I'm an over kind of girl :)

take care,
Dawn

 
At 3/15/2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! This is so funny. I'll tell you that I am an over girl. But, my husband of 35 years is an under kind of guy.

Our unspoken solution has been that when he puts it on he does under. Then when I come along I change it to over.

I don't think either one of us has thought much about it. I think it is one of those things we secretly laugh at the other about.

I am glad you are now tp liberated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home