"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Saturday, March 11

It's in the air...

Uh huh, oh yeah! It's coming. I have it on the utmost authority... Spring is on the way. Not long now. How can I be so sure, you ask? I saw my first Turdus migratorius (that's American Robin to you) today!

Sitting his fat little self on the fence, scoping out a nesting site for his lady-love... or chickadee - no, that's another bird... well, whatever it is we call female robins. What do we call female robins? What do we call male robins??... birds, I guess. :)

Anyway, I saw one of the male persuasion - in my book, that spells S-p-r-i-n-g!

6 Comments:

At 3/11/2006 9:08 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

First let me say I just love your blog :)


Our first official sign of spring came the other day when I smelled a skunk!!!!

take care,
Dawn

 
At 3/11/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

not real keen on spring and summer arriving, but i LOVE robins!!

 
At 3/11/2006 10:37 PM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Yay-I hope Spring is around the corner -it was 80 here today - unusually warm. It'll be nice again tomorrow, but then back down to 58 on Tuesday! Ha! I feel a cold coming on from this boomerang weather.

 
At 3/12/2006 7:54 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

my grandfather used to sing a little tune when he'd see the first robin of Spring. i can't remember it for the life of me but i know that it said "robin red-breast" toward the beginning. i used to love seeing them hop around the backyard that was all soggy from melting winter, hunting up worms. a sign of Spring for sure! =)

 
At 3/12/2006 8:19 AM, Blogger Debi said...

I'm ready for spring! I'm actually a big fan of winter, but feel totally ripped off by this one, so it's time to just move on. Actually, I love all the seasons (one of the reasons we just had to move back north). Haven't seen our first robin yet, but the crocuses are blooming...

 
At 3/12/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Debi said...

I think you're spreading happy spring vibes around! Just a bit ago I said I'd yet to see our first robin...
and a few short hours later I change my tune. I was washing the dishes, and there he was out in the backyard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home