"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, March 9

I'm walking, yes indeed...

Or at least I should be instead of sitting on my can, putzing on this computer. Been very lax about my daily treadmill activity in recent weeks and I need to get back in the groove. I feel better when I walk and I really need to keep my endurance level up there. It goes without saying that it's good exercise for my entire bod anyway.

Boring as hell though, and that's the danger of not requiring more of myself. Too easy to make an excuse to let it slide and find something more "interesting" to do - anything at all.

Why do we do that to ourselves?

3 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 5:50 PM, Blogger Debi said...

I hear you, ladies! Sounds as if you're ahead of us, Marianne...at least you have a treadmill. And it sounds like you have used it at least occasionally in the past. Can't seem to get into that whole walking outside thing either, unless I'm out at a park or something. My solution--I got myself a pedometer. And I try to walk 3-5 miles through the course of my day. (Well, "try" may be too strong of a word there). Rarely make this goal. When I'm feeling motivated in the evening, I get my book and walk up and down the hall reading. Of course, I have run into walls and doors and people on more than one occasion, so it's probably not the such a great solution after all.

 
At 3/09/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

walking on the treadmill is one of my favorite excerices. haven't done it in ages though because, well, i don't have one!

 
At 3/10/2006 3:54 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Kajira - that's my problem. We have it in the family room, along with my stationary bike, the TV, furniture, my scrap corner - a catch-all room that looks like crap cuz it's so crowded.

I'm dependent on the weather for walking outside - I simply can't breathe if it's too hot or cold, which is why I got it to begin with.

Debi - LOL - I do manage to stay on the thing and not bang into anyone or thing.

Sue - I only mind it because I HAVE to, you know? Sorry you don't have one - they are a great substitute for the real deal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home