"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, March 6

Apropos...


Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Hope Is The Thing With Feathers
by Emily Dickinson

U my ... always.

2 Comments:

At 3/08/2006 6:46 AM, Blogger Jennie C. said...

That's a lovely poem, and one I was in need of. Thank you.

 
At 3/08/2006 5:17 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Touches the soul, doesn't she?? Glad you found comfort in it, Jennie. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home