"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, March 3

Not now, I'm reading...

A question was asked on the 2Peas NSBR message board this morning that prompted this entry. One of the ladies asked if anybody really reads magazines in the bathroom cuz she never stayed that long. Ha! I cracked up!

You know how they talk about a man's home being his castle? Yeah, well... the bathroom was literally my father's throne room. I mean, the man lived in the john! It was his own private library and woe to anyone who had to pee while he was in there, which was all the time. You better learn how to hold it, find another pot somewhere, or tinkle in the bushes.

To compound the felony, he always, I mean always, left the toilet seat up (I'm not even going to go there!) Do I need to tell you how many times I picked my little ass out of the ice cold water when I had to pee in the middle of the night?? Grrrrrrr! I still have a thing about toilet seats being down in MY house.

I don't know how people do it either - when I read, I want to be comfortable. Seems to me your butt would get sore from sitting on that little hole for so long. Not to mention the, uhmmmm... aroma... wafting about.

My father must've had permanent indentations in his arse and an impaired sense of smell.

2 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 6:14 PM, Blogger Debi said...

Don't know how I missed this posting earlier, but I'm glad I stumbled on it now. Nothing better than a good laugh! Wonder if this habit somehow relates to fatherhood...can't quite figure out the why of that, but...
1. this tale of your father is eerily reminiscent of my own dear old dad (the bathroom at my parents' house is known as "Dad's office", or "Papa's office" to my kids)
2. my husband has adopted this behavior pattern as well, and I honestly believe that this did not start until after the birth of our daughter
Yeah, probably a far-fetched theory...just thought I'd throw it out there.

 
At 3/08/2006 5:07 PM, Blogger marianne said...

Debi - I'm convinced it's a way to "get away from it all" for those who participate in the practice - male or female. I sure can think of more pleasant "happy places" though! ;)

Kajira - nope, not exclusively a male thing - I know lots of ladies who do the same. I just don't know how they do it - I'm all about comfort! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home