"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, February 26

Undivided attention...

I really shouldn't try to watch a movie in bits and snatches. I was flipping through the HBO channels and caught the last parts of The Door in the Floor, with Jeff Bridges, Kim Basinger, and I assume Dakota Fanning's sister, Elle.

It grabbed my attention and what I saw was fascinating but I'm left with a whole lot of huh?? 'cause I'm not real good at deciphering half a flick. It's adapted from a book I suppose I should read too -
"A Widow for One Year" by John Irving - all about a dysfunctional family and how they cope (or not) with tragedy and the healing power of love, yada, yada, yada.

Guess I'll put it on my wish list and keep an eye out for an HBO re-run.

2 Comments:

At 3/01/2006 8:23 AM, Blogger SplendidlyImperfect said...

I read the book, it's really good!

 
At 3/08/2006 4:26 PM, Blogger marianne said...

miss m- thanks, I've got it in my Amazon cart. :)

Kajira - I only resort bits & pieces when I get real bored with the regular fare. Dunno about the "on demand" thing - I'll have to check - thanks for reminding me.

Glad you like my intros - I think they add a little interest. I haunt free clip art sites - I even get lucky on Google images sometimes. I should bookmark them instead of wasting time searching, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home