"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Monday, February 20

Ewwww...

Jeez, what is it with me and bugs today?

So we're getting ready to eat dinner - fish, baked potato, and coleslaw. I'm all set up on my TV table - got my plate, butter, salt & pepper, a container of sour cream and a small dish of coleslaw on the side. Zoey (one of the cats) was patiently sitting on the right arm of my chair, waiting and hoping to beg a little extra dinner. So I get my potato all loaded up, squirt some lemon on my fish, pick up my fork, and lean over to take a bite. About that time a little spider comes nonchalantly crawling out from under my plate(!) and prances across my TV table!! OHHH!!!

Needless to say, I almost fell out of my chair, the plate of food almost ended up in my lap, and the cat went flying across the room! Fortunately, I had a napkin in my lap, which I promptly grabbed and used to, uhmmm, collect said critter. After disposing of it, I regained my composure enough to eat my meal... sans spider. The cat never did come back.

I can only surmise that it came in on a load of wood for the fireplace. Can't imagine how it got up on my table - under my plate! - without me seeing it though. Ewwww!

I wonder if the Bug Gods are pissed about that centipede joke??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home