"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, February 19

The Talking Centipede

A man walks into a pet shop and says to the owner, "Ok, I want to buy a pet, but I don't want an ordinary pet - no cats, dogs, or budgies. I want something really different.

"The owner tells him that he has a talking centipede.

"Seriously?"

"Absolutely. You can bring it back if it doesn't talk"

"How much is it?"

"£200"

"OK, but it had better talk or I'll be back!"

And off the man goes with his centipede in a little box.

On getting home he opens the box on the table, and says "Hello Mr. Centipede, fancy going to the pub for a few drinks?"

The centipede says nothing.

Thinking it might be tired from the journey he decides to leave it for an hour and try again later.

An hour later he opens the match box and says "Hello Mr. Centipede, fancy going to the pub for a few drinks?"

The centipede again says nothing.

Now very suspicious, the man decides he will give it one more hour. If the centipede doesn't talk he'll take it back to the shop for a refund.

An hour later the man opens the match box and says "Hello Mr. Centipede, fancy going to the pub for a few drinks?"

The centipede gives him a withering look and says "I heard you the first time! I'm just putting my shoes on!"

2 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Cute joke! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your book lists...I still need to set that up on my "new" blog. Hey, if you don't already have those Kellerman books, I have a bunch of them in pback as I once had the intention of reading them (still do, but not while in school)...I could send them to you if you would like to borrow them...lemme know.

 
At 2/20/2006 9:08 AM, Blogger *krystyn* said...

Glad you got the books then..let me know how you like them. One of these days I'll get around to reading them. Right now I have a stack of about 10 books on my nightstand to read!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home