"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, March 8

Elephants and other things...

So I made the mistake of thinking out loud and mumbled something to the effect of "what should I write about, I need to think of something to write in my blog." That guy I live with? He pipes up with "Write about elephants..." there's a very pregnant pause and he finishes up with "write everything you know about elephants." He then coyly turns around to look-see why I haven't said anything and is met with that icy, gape-mouthed stare from me that he KNOWS he's going to get, and cracks up!

The man's a lunatic... Elephants! What the heck do I know about elephants anyway? He just loves when he "gets" me.

~ ~ ~

I have these lid things that go on top of some of the Yankee candle jars. They're great for reducing the effects of drafty burning, namely that sooty crap. The operative word here is "some" - the lid doesn't fit on the particular candle I had burning, it just kind of precariously balances on top. It's okay as long as you don't bump it or anything.

So, there's a fire in the fireplace, the cats are quietly snoozing, and there's this yummy Amber Sunset candle filling the room with a most delightful aroma. You'd think I could leave well enough alone and just enjoy, but oh, no, I had to go and spoil it all.

I carefully tried to turn the candle around to look at the label - I don't know why! - and of course the stupid lid clatters off and goes bouncing across the record cabinet, making a hellacious racket in the process. Using care not to burn myself, I try to put it back on the burning candle, and proceed to knock the damn thing over and spill hot wax all over the wall and floor. Arrrrgggghhhh!!

Good thing we're going to paint.

~ ~ ~


Put the FoodSaver into service again tonight. Made a batch of teriyaki chicken wings in the crockpot - some for dinner and the rest went in the freezer. I'm loving this thing - I'm going to like not fighting freezer burn.



~ ~ ~


Oh, I know something about elephants! A song! Well, it's not about elephants, but it's from The Elephant Show that used to air on Nickelodeon. A favorite of #1 dgd, not a day went by that we didn't watch and sing along when she was here. It's the Skinnamarink song...

Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink.
Skinnamarink-a-doo I love you
Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink.
Skinnamarink-a-doo I love you
I love you in the morning and in the afternoon
I love you in the evening and underneath the moon
Skinnamarink-a-dinky-dink.
Skinnamarink-a-doo I love you!

~ ~ ~

And on that note, I'm outta here. Not bad for not having anything to write about.

1 Comments:

At 3/09/2006 6:25 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

oh the icy, gape-mouthed stare. if only i had a dollar for every time i've used THAT...they really do amuse themselves don't they.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home