"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, September 10

Must be the cooler temps...

I feel like a squirrel hoarding nuts for the winter! My domestic gene has apparently kicked in and I've turned into a total cooking fool during the past few weeks. As we've gone about the business of filling up the new freezer, our FoodSaver has been getting a major workout and is proving to be an excellent investment. Even salad greens last longer in the vacuum sealed canister we keep in the fridge.

So, not only will we be enjoying our old standbys - chili, spaghetti sauce, taco soup, etc. - but I've added a few new recipes too. We took a stab at freezing fresh veggies this year - asparagus and creamed corn - and I've gone a wee bit international by adding fajitas, burritos, Cozumel chicken, and bean salsa to our freezer repetoire. Can't begin to say how many pounds of ground beef I've browned, how many pieces of chicken I've torn/cut up, and how many baked potatoes I've scooped out, but we're sure going to enjoy the end product.

We have bbq meatballs, taco meat, parmesan chicken, twice-baked potatoes, and a killer baked potato soup. We have Sloppy Joes, citrus, teriyaki and bbq pork chops, pre-cooked baked (delicious!) bacon, bags of pre-cooked chicken, and some bonus chicken stock. Casseroles, mashed potatoes, cornbread, and a few other odds and ends round it all out and we're almost set for a convenient fall/winter. I have a few more sidedishes, veggies, and football snackydoos I want to try and then I'll sit back and enjoy the fruits of my labor for awhile.

Boy oh boy, do I feel efficient!

1 Comments:

At 9/17/2006 5:04 PM, Blogger Debi said...

O.K., the front of my shirt is now soaked from salivating!
Geez, but you are one productive lady! Might I add that I am quite jealous...but I'm sure you could already figure that one out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home