"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Thursday, September 21

Nature, up close and personal...

So, there's this praying mantis hanging out on my patio screen door. Jes' sitting there, all prayer-like, 'bout the middle of the door. Hasn't moved a bit, so I thought it was quite dead. But nope, tickled its toes yesterday and it turned around and stared at me with those beady little eyes, so it was very much still among the living. I wondered how the beast was eating since it hadn't moved for a couple of days, but figured, oh well, I guess they have their ways.

Today, however, it's looking a little, uhmm... bent, for lack of a better description. Kinda like it might have a kink in the upper half of its body or like it's trying to check out its pedicure or something.

I suppose I oughta unlock and open the inner door to check closer 'cause I'm thinking it just might have sung its final swan, or in this case, mantis song. We had pretty nippy temps last night and poor thing didn't have no blankie out there. Unless praying mantis hibernate, it's looking like I got me a big ol' expired bug latched onto my door.

Ah, the wonders of nature.

1 Comments:

At 9/23/2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Debi said...

They surely are cool little creatures, aren't they?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home