"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, January 31

Home again, home again, jiggity jig...

Our trip south was a huge success - we totally surprised Christy, who for some reason, hadn't questioned whether we were coming. I attributed it to her being more preoccupied with her own 21-year old newness than wondering if Mommaw and Poppaw would be there for her big day.

I introduced her to crablegs when she was just a wee toddler of about 2-1/2, cracking and picking shells and feeding her the best pieces, so it was too fitting that she opted for crablegs for her 21st birthday dinner. With the exception of Jim and the boys, who don't do seafood (I don't know where they came from!) we pigged out on crab, Christy ordered her first "legal" drinks, and we had a great time.


Later that evening, she and a group of her girlfriends went out partying, which they all survived, and my baby girl has become of age.


Trying to hold back the hands of time, hasn't worked a bit. Before I know it, the years will sneak by and my #1 grandboy will be 21 too - noooooooo!


Some pics of our doings are on my Project 365 Photo Blog.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1/31/2007 6:16 PM, Blogger Debi said...

If you ever do figure out how to slow time, you will let us know, won't you? Sigh.

So glad you had such a wonderful time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home