"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, March 13

Dust-ing Bunnies...

In the past year or so, I'm feeling waaay older than my years. This COPD/emphysema I have is taking its toll and normal, everyday household chores are becoming more and more difficult for me to get done.

Lew does a wonderful, non-complaining job of picking up my slack, but it's just not right that the man should work his full-time job every day and then have to do my share of housework too.

Soooo
, we finally got us some help. We found a team of cleaning ladies who come highly recommended. Today was their first day and
I'm thinking this arrangement is going to work out just fine. The house looks great and I am beyond pleased!

And, they do windows! ;)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 3/13/2007 10:07 PM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls said...

good for you!! i hope it makes things easier for you.

love your new banner!!

 
At 3/14/2007 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Both you and Lew deserve a little help. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

 
At 3/14/2007 6:16 AM, Blogger Debi said...

That's fantastic, Marianne. Of course, I really wish you were feeling better, and getting the cleaning ladies was just a pure luxury!

 
At 3/15/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

I'm so glad you got some help! That's wonderful and some days I wish I had a maid (other than me, I'm the maid!). Especialy one who would do windows :)

Take it easy and let them clean things. Life is too short. My mom had COPD and it wore her out, it really takes a toll on your body, so take care of yourself {{{hugs}}}

 
At 3/15/2007 9:01 PM, Blogger Arlene said...

I'm sorry you're feeling worse, but I'm happy that you guys are getting help cleaning :-)

 
At 3/18/2007 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How great that you've got someone coming in to help you with all that housework.

I hope that bit of help works towards you feeling better.

 
At 3/20/2007 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you are getting help with your chores! Hope now that summer is comming you will be feeling better soon. But you should still keep the extra help. Take care and rest lots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home