"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Friday, March 9

Friday meme-ing...

Well, I've neglected my blog shamelessly, but today I did some meme-ing so here we go...

The Friday Five - March 9, 2007




1. If you could retroactively erase one TV show from the history of entertainment, which one would you choose?
uh, there are so many! The Simpsons and South Park come to mind immediately though - one's stupid and the other is stupid and vulgar


2. Are you more like your mother or your father?
definitely my mother, with a smidge of my father


3. If you could take a year-long vacation, what would you do?
laze on the beach, soak up the sun, swim, go boating, read, eat - somewhere in the Caribbean...


4. Can you think of a reason not to answer this question?
well, now that you mention it...


5. What's the nicest thing you've ever done for someone?

That's a hard question, I've done a lot of nice things... I suppose just "being there" for someone could cover it
~ ~ ~

Friday Five - March 9, 2007




Condiments

1. What do you like on a hot dog?
mustard, onion, Michigan sauce (a chili-type sauce,) and sometimes shredded cheese


2. What do you like on a hamburger?

usually a buttered English muffin and salt & pepper; sometimes cheese and sometimes mustard and cheese - once in a great while, just ketchup


3. What do you like on a baked potato?

butter, sour cream, salt & pepper; sometimes chives, sometimes cheese


4. What do you like on a slice of toast?

butter


5. What do you like in a cup of coffee or tea?

sugar and half & half, sometimes "funny" coffee with Kahlua, Irish Mist and cream

~ ~ ~

Friday Fiver - March 9, 2007





1. What timezone are you in?
Eastern Standard


2. Do like Daylight Savings Time, or should it be gotten rid of?

I like the longer evenings, but generally don't care one way or the other


3. Do you wear a wristwatch?

I used to wear one daily, but haven't the need anymore


4. What time is it right now (local time)

6:45 pm


5. Analog or Digital?

I'm easy, it doesn't matter
~ ~ ~

Friday's Feast - March 9, 2007




Appetizer
What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?

almost always after 1 am, usually 2, sometimes 3 - I'm a night owl and love that I don't have to get up in the mornings anymore


Soup

When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?

I probably give more, if I'm asked, but I'm always open to receive it


Salad

Describe a memorable meal you've had.

Years ago, Lew took me to an upscale restaurant where I was introduced to Veal Oscar... sauteed veal cutlet, topped with rich chunks of crab and asparagus spears, and drizzled with Bernaise sauce. Oh my, simply to die for! Superb meal that instantly became a favorite!


Main Course

Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.

I'd have to say One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. It definitely changed the way I thought about human behavior in terms of mental illness, human interaction, manipulation, etc.


Dessert

What is your favorite type of fruit juice?

I don't drink juice much, but I love me some pineapple juice; I also love grape juice, sometimes with a bit of orange juice mixed in... good stuff!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3/09/2007 11:14 PM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

oooo... i forgot about pineapple juice! i haven't had that in ages.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home