"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Tuesday, June 5

Progress marches on...

S-l-o-o-o-o-w-l-y, and maybe only a few awkward steps at a time, but at least it's moving. We may get a finished porch yet. They showed up yesterday - unannounced, of course - replacing one post and adding another. I'll spare you the details of why they didn't do more, but they did show up again today. All four posts are now covered with a maintenance-free, waterproof vinyl covering and drying for 24 hours. Then they started installing the new railing.


You'll note I said "started," not completed. Seems the pieces don't fit together right (why am I not surprised?) and they have to go back to the supplier to see if he has more in stock, which we already know he doesn't because that's why we've had all the delays to begin with. Blah, blah, blah. Anyone wonder why I hate dealing with these people?

More to follow ... maybe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 6/06/2007 9:06 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Utter frustration! Sounds like I should just be thankful we can't afford to have our basement properly finished, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home