"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Wednesday, July 11

The Ice(cream) Man Cometh...


You know summer's here to stay when ...


you hear the happy little ditty of the ice cream truck for the umpteenth time of the season!

Back in the day, it was the familiar ding-a-ling of the Good Humor man but nowadays it's some unrecognizable combination of bells, whistles, song n' dance, etc. designed to grab one's attention. And grab it does. The neighborhood little ones come a'running.

I miss having kids around begging for money for the ice cream man. We even used to have a dog who begged to go out when she heard the ice cream truck cuz the guy just loved her and would give her an ice cream every time he saw her!

Now it's just as easy to pull a popsicle or ice cream bar out of my own freezer but still, I miss the hurried scrounging around in my purse for change (now it would be dollars!) and watching the kids chase the ice cream truck down the street. It was summer tradition. :)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7/12/2007 8:03 AM, Blogger Debi said...

What a lucky dog!

 
At 7/13/2007 8:42 PM, Blogger Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

We had an ice cream truck come through our subdivision a couple of weekends ago. I had flashbacks to when I was little and would go digging in my piggy bank for money :) We rarely have them where we live, so I was happy to hear that sound!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home