"I know for sure that everything in life happens to help us live."
Oprah Winfrey

Sunday, June 24

In record time...

This is one for the books. From beginning to end, it took less than a month! That just doesn't happen at our house. Usually we have to talk things to death, agonize over the decision-making process, and then put it on the back burner to stew awhile before we finally get around to doing whatever it is. It's an exercise in futility that, trust me, you don't want to go through.

So anyway, earlier this month, after deciding that a red front door just might liven up our nice but boring white house, we collected numerous paint chips, made a decision, and Lew painted the door yesterday and this morning! It's over, it's a done deal, and we have a beautiful red front door. Damn, it looks good!!


Ain't it purdy?? :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 6/24/2007 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sure is! Bet there's nothing like it in all of Discovery!!!(:D

 
At 6/25/2007 9:42 AM, Blogger ~**Dawn**~ said...

I love a cheerful bright red front door. Maybe because my whole childhood, that was the color of my grandparents' front door -- and that was one of my favorite places to be. =)

 
At 6/25/2007 10:23 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Looks great!

 
At 6/25/2007 11:10 AM, Blogger Debi said...

Oh, it's fabulous! Love it, Marianne!

 
At 6/25/2007 9:25 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love the color red. Your door looks great. I wait and wait and wait for things to get done around her. Do you want to rent your DH out?

take care,
Dawn

 
At 6/25/2007 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beeeeutifullllll! That really brightens up the front of the house. I like your choice of red.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home